For a while now I have been running this site using Wordpress as the main CMS. For the last few weeks I have been dealing with the site getting hacked 3 or 4 times a week. Regardless of the security tweaks that I tried to implement to stop this, it was still happening regularly.
Quite why it was possible to change many of my files that should have been protected I do not know, possibly due to a bad plug-in, but I cannot be sure. So by Friday morning I had had enough and it was time for a drastic change, I had now been using Wordpress for a while and I feel that I have tried to get the best out of it, yet it has failed me on numerous occasions.
So for the uninitiated, I have now ported the site over to using Drupal to manage the content, which was no easy task.
I opted to use the most current version of Drupal but the downside to that is there are still many plugins and modules that are not yet compatible with the current version. One such in-compatible plugin is the Wordpress to Drupal export/import functionality, rather than try and write one, I have instead been transferring the database content directly from the Wordpress XML file straight into the Drupal interface.
It only really took me 4 hours to transfer the whole site content, but it ensured that I got all the content in the correct chronological order, which was something that I was worried about if doing and import.
So thats that done for now, everything imported, now all I gotta do is go through my posts and fix any image paths of links that are out of kilter and then I am up for the task of creating a custom theme to fit my Drupal install.